Try This: Cute Bow Tie Cookies | The Homey Owl: Try This: Cute Bow Tie Cookies

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Try This: Cute Bow Tie Cookies


Being gluten free I struggle to find wonderful cakes and cookies that I can eat but which also don't remind me that I'm gluten free. It's hard, guys! I have a few food allergies besides gluten, so my search can be rather trying at times. However, it just makes the times when I find something I can make and enjoy all the more exciting.

To make these cookies I used:
Cherrybrook Kitchen GF Sugar Cookie Mix
The bow tie cookie cutter out of this super cute group of cookie cutters



It was fun and easy to pull them together. Even Michael thought they were pretty good (and he still eats gluten when he feels like it.) I thought - oddly enough - they were better the second day than right after I made them. Maybe this mix is like a good sauce - where everything blends together better the long it is exposed to the other ingredients. ;)


Whatever made them taste good, I was excited and my tummy was very happy. I think I need to stock up on a few of these mixes so I have cookies I can take with me to all of the bridal showers and events I have coming up this spring. I also think the cookie cutters are adorable and would be great for so many different types of parties - baby showers, wedding showers, birthday parties, etc. What would you bake bow tie cookies for?

Have you tried any gluten free mixes? What did you think of them?

xoxo,
Stacia

4 comments:

  1. Aw they look adorable! I've never tried gluten free cookies, but I'd try anything that looked that cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so cute can't believe they are gluten free! I haven't tried any recently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are so cute! and they'd be great for a birthday party..especially something that's for men or unisex!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable! And they look delicious. I haven't tried any gluten free baking myself, but my nephew is mostly gluten free and my sister's are completely gluten free now, so I eat what they make. To be honest, I've been a little intimidated to try gluten free baking because I heard there's some trial and error involved. I should try a mix sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me, I'd love to hear them! Comments always make my day. Thanks for stopping by!