Perfect Party Treat: Frozen Hot Chocolate | The Homey Owl: Perfect Party Treat: Frozen Hot Chocolate

Monday, January 6, 2014

Perfect Party Treat: Frozen Hot Chocolate

Good morning! We're back from California safely, but still recovering. I'll update you all more thoroughly on our adventures later this week, but this recipe is really delicious, so you should all make some while you wait!
This is a post I shared over at By the Porchlight last month and, for keeping track of everything's sake, I'm transferring it over to this site. I also definitely wanted to share this one with you guys! My original post was really long and contained two separate tutorials, but I wanted to add more photos and split it up so it wasn't a forever long post. Today I'll be sharing how to make some delicious frozen hot chocolate.

For this recipe you will need:
6 ounces of your favorite chocolate (I used chocolate chips, but chocolate bars would work just as well.)
4 tsp. hot chocolate mix
4 tbsp. powdered sugar
3 c. milk
5-6 c. ice (I have heard that ice cream is also really good if you want more of a milkshake texture.)
Marshmallows (I used mini ones, but I'm sure that toasted big marshmallows would be amazing, too!)
Brief side note, this thrifted glass is one of my absolute favorite things at the moment. I want to see what the other 11 would look like!!
Directions:
Whisk your hot chocolate mix, powdered sugar, and milk together until well combined. Melt the chocolate in a pan over low/medium heat. Slowly add the milk/powder mixture to your chocolate until it is well incorporated, being careful to avoid clumps. Allow this mixture to cool off. Once it's cool, use a blender to combine the chocolate mixture with ice. Blend until there are so more big chunks of ice. Serve it in a glass with marshmallows on top! (A Note: I made my mix in the evening this time and kept it in the fridge overnight to take advantage of the natural light in the morning for my photos - cooking in the morning does not generally go down well for me. I am not sure how long it would keep in the fridge, but it stored great overnight. The ice would need to be added just before serving.)
What are some of your favorite novelty beverages to serve?

Be sure to come back tomorrow to learn how to make the cute little paper poinsettia flower - free template and everything!

xoxo,
Stacia

Project vision & execution by Stacia Baskin // Photography by Michael Baskin

3 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious! I love hot chocolate but have never had it frozen before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I want to try it. I bet it would be something I'd like since I not only love regular hot chocolate but also frozen mocha drinks.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Améliorer la Vie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! New follower from the Photography Blog Hop.
    XO/Kelly @ Our Cone Zone

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me, I'd love to hear them! Comments always make my day. Thanks for stopping by!