Guest Post: Baked Caramel Maple Walnut Apples | The Homey Owl: Guest Post: Baked Caramel Maple Walnut Apples

Monday, December 30, 2013

Guest Post: Baked Caramel Maple Walnut Apples

Today I am super thankful to have Kerry from Till Then Smile Often sharing a post with all of you! This recipe looks delicious. Kerry shares a lot of wonderful recipes and fun stories over on her blog, so you should definitely head over there to check out some of her stuff after reading this post. Thank you so much for sharing this, Kerry! I hope you all are having a wonderful time getting ready for New Year's Eve - Michael & I are loving being in Cali with my family!
xoxo
_________________________________________________________________________________

Good Morning! I am Kerry and I blog over at Till Then Smile Often! I can't thank Stacia enough for letting my guest post for her while she is enjoying some time with her family over the holidays. I wanted to share a recipe that is listed as Gluten Free or easily made to be Gluten Free. These Baked Caramel Maple Walnut Apples are easy to make and can be made as a single apple or for a bunch of apples. Hope you enjoy!
Baked Caramel Maple Walnut Apples
Ingredients: 4 large apples (I used Granny Smith's) ~ 3/4 cup maple syrup ~ 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) walnut pieces ~ 1/4 cup golden raisins or dates ~ 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces ~ Sprinkle of Ground Cinnamon ~ Caramel sauce (optional)
Directions:
Heat oven to 400° F. Using a paring knife, remove the cores and trim about a 1/2-inch slice from the bottom of each apple, so they sit flat.
Baked Caramel Walnut Apples
Place the apples in an 8- to 9-inch glass baking dish. Drizzle with the syrup and caramel sauce. Divide the walnuts and raisins/dates among the apples, filling the center.
Baked Caramel Walnut Apple
Baked Caramel Walnut Apple
Sprinkle the apples with a little cinnamon. Place the butter on top of each apple.
Baked Caramel Walnut Apple
Bake until tender, approximately 30 - 40 minutes. NOTE: If you cook too long they can explode so I recommend checking them at the 20 minute mark and then every 5 minutes.
Baked Caramel Maple Walnut Apples
Serve the apples warm with a side of ice cream, if desired. This is easy to make as 1 serving or 4 servings. Hope you enjoy these sweet treats and feel free to hop on over to my blog for more recipes every week. Thank you again to Stacia for having me today!

signature

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for having me! Hope you are having a blast with your family!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me, I'd love to hear them! Comments always make my day. Thanks for stopping by!