4 Simple Goals for December | The Homey Owl: 4 Simple Goals for December

Monday, December 2, 2013

4 Simple Goals for December

Image Source
Me again! I'm back to share my personal goals for December. I decided to go more simplistic this month because December can already be so insane, and pick goals that would be easy to integrate into daily life without stressing. I discovered this idea over at A Beautiful Mess and thought it sounded like the perfect plan for me. The goals I chose are ones that have been on my mind for a while as things I need to do more of, and the timing for them is perfect right now.

Image Source
1. I have been dying (haha) to add a touch of fun color to my hair for a while now. (See here and here for examples.) I think that now is the best time for it because it's pre wedding season, and I'll probably want to change my hair color drastically again by the time that rolls around. My hair has been all kinds of colors, and I don't see that changing any time soon, but I do need to embrace some of my desires to try certain colors while I can still "get away" with it...or maybe I never really can "get away" with it, but really want to anyways.

2. I need to be capturing more memories. Friend gatherings in our home, funny things Max does, the quiet moments, and the ways we've decorated the apartment. They don't seem hugely important now, but I know they're memories I'll cherish when we get older.

3. I am still struggling to figure out this whole winter clothes thing. I want to push myself to try some new styles this month and to look at my old items in new ways.

4. My family (and Michael's!) always does lasagna for Christmas, and I am dead and determined to carry on this tradition. I just need to find a good gluten free recipe! Any suggestions??

Are you participating with A Beautiful Mess in the 4 simple goals? What are some of your goals for this month?

xoxo,
Stacia

5 comments:

  1. Those are good goals for the month! Have you tried lasagna with zucchini as a replacement for the noodles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I'm having lasagne for Christmas too (I can't wait!) When I'm trying to be super healthy I use zucchini or eggplant instead of pasta.

    xo
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome goals. I'm right there with you on #2.

    My absolute favorite GF lasagna recipe is one that uses butternut squash slices as noodles. I posted it on my old blog and keeping meaning to make it for Jaybird, because I cook this every other week and eat it for days! The picture isn't very pretty but I hope you enjoy! http://humblefoodie.com/2012/09/17/paleo-butternut-squash-lasagna-gluten-dairy-free/
    Now that I've cooked in 3 different ovens, with the hand-cut width of "noodles" varying, I've learned that if the butternut squash doesn't seem to be softening, you can cover it with aluminum foil and keep cooking. The steam will make sure to get that top layer nice and tender.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all sound like pretty great -- and doable -- goals!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me, I'd love to hear them! Comments always make my day. Thanks for stopping by!