Thousand Chains Scarf | The Homey Owl: Thousand Chains Scarf

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thousand Chains Scarf


I saw the tutorial for this brilliantly easy crochet project over at Delia Create's a couple weeks ago. I think the thing that first drew me to it was the wonderful yellow color of her yarn, then I realized that I had been completely failing on my goals of making/altering more of my clothing items, so I decided to dig in to my yarn stash and make one for myself!



The only changes I made to her tutorial were that a) I didn't actually count the number of chains I made, I just kept making chains until I liked the number of loops the yarn created, and b) I didn't have any leather on hand so I crocheted myself a little rectangle to wrap around and hide the ends. It was super easy, took me maybe 30 minutes, and very relaxing.





What are some of your favorite easy but high impact crochet patterns?

xoxo,
Stacia, the Homey Owl

Outfit Details: Scarf: DIY, Shirt: Gap , Tank: Forever 21, Jeans: Forever 21, Boots: Born

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow! You did a great job. That scarf is adorable!

    I found you via the Let's Be Friends Blog Hop!

    JaimeLovesStuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color, and nice that it was quick and easy to crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This scarf is so cute! I've been looking for a stash-busting project as I have an embarrassing amount of 1/2-skeins of yarn leftover from various projects over the years. I could make a zillion of these! I'll have to scoop up my hook and check out this tutorial. I also love your shirt; I couldn't even tell it was a heart pattern until I looked at the close-up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw it looks nice on you! Nice job. Those leaves, my goodness - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that! And the pictures are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's sooo sweet and the pictures are very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling! And I love the fall leaves photoshoot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute. Those leaves look stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is that scarf and how adorable are you? What a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are the cutest. Love this scarf!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me, I'd love to hear them! Comments always make my day. Thanks for stopping by!