Herbed Zucchini Dill Rolls by Till Then Smile Often | The Homey Owl: Herbed Zucchini Dill Rolls by Till Then Smile Often

Friday, November 8, 2013

Herbed Zucchini Dill Rolls by Till Then Smile Often

Happy Friday, friends! Today I am really excited to be featuring Kerry from Til Then Smile often. She has prepared another of her delicious-looking recipes to share with all of us today. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, Kerry! It looks amazing!

Good Morning! So happy to be able to spend some time with you Homey Owl readers! Stacia and I were paired up for the Bigs and Littles program, and I couldn't have been more happy to get a really great person to share the blogging experience. A little bit about me... I blog over at Till Then Smile Often and I love to share recipes that I come up with every week. So when Stacia invited me to guest post it gave me an excuse to try this zucchini roll-up recipe I have been wanting to try! I loosely followed this recipe. because this is me we are talking about here. This isn't a recipe I haven't loved to re-design.
Herbed Zucchini Dill Rolls

Ingredients: 2-3 small zucchini cut into long strips ~ 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking spray ~ salt and pepper to taste ~2 heaping spoonfuls of spreadable cheese ( I used Rondele's Garlic and Herbs) ~ 1 Tbsp Dill ~ 1/2 Tsp lemon juice ~ 1 Tsp Garlic powder ~ spinach leaves, chopped
Directions:
Slice zucchini lengthwise.

Herbed Zucchini Dill Rolls
Cut using knife or mandolin slicer.
Spray a grill pan or grill with some cooking spray. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper on each side. Grill until tender, about 4 minutes per side.

Herbed Zucchini Dill Rolls
Don't worry if they aren't perfect.
Combine the cheese spread, lemon juice, dill, and garlic powder until fully combined.

Herbed Zucchini Dill Rolls

Herbed Zucchini Dill Rolls

Spread a bit of the mixture onto each zucchini slice leaving a bit of room on the end to help them roll. Add a pinch of chopped spinach leaves. Roll up and place seam side down on a platter. Repeat with the rest of the zucchini slices. If you did like I did and slices a few a bit too short no worries you can just repeat the same process but no need to roll them. Easy peasy!

Herbed Zucchini Dill Rolls

These are a perfect healthy snack, or appetizers for a get together with friends. Either way you slice it (or them) they will be sure to please! Hope you give them a try and if you do let me know what you thought over at Till Then Smile Often! Thanks again to Stacia for having me today!

signature

5 comments:

Share your thoughts with me, I'd love to hear them! Comments always make my day. Thanks for stopping by!