Creative DIY Halloween Costumes - Individuals | The Homey Owl: Creative DIY Halloween Costumes - Individuals

Monday, October 21, 2013

Creative DIY Halloween Costumes - Individuals

This weekend was busy but really good. I'm working on some stuff to make this blog look better and planning out some fun posts for the next few weeks. Michael and I both got some sort of cold virus - way to go immune systems, hit us while we're down - but that meant we got to watch movies together and enjoy each other's company. (Alien is a totally freaky movie, for those of you who haven't seen it!) I also watched Goonies and Casper this past week, so now all I have on my Halloween Movies I Want to Watch list for this year is Sleepy Hollow. I have the next 3 days (Monday-Wednesday) off work, so we'll see what manages to happen.

As for today, I have rounded up a group of DIY Halloween costumes for all of you. These are costumes that can stand on their own. Later this week I'll be sharing couples and families costumes, so be sure to stick around for those! I found some SUPER fun and unique ones to share - hopefully not ones that have popped up all over cyberspace. Some of these people are brilliant!


1. A Hot Air Balloon

2. Cotton Candy (This may just rival my sister's childhood decision to be a bird's nest!)

3. Morton Salt Girl (I'm in love with this one!)

4. Frieda Kahlo (This page has tutorials for a few different artists.)

5. Book Fairy

6. It's Raining Cats and Dogs

7. Mushroom

8. Medusa


What are you going to dress up as this Halloween? This may be the first Halloween ever where I do not already have Halloween plans.

xoxo,
Stacia, the Homey Owl

10 comments:

  1. Oo the birds one is totally creepy, I'm still terrified of birds because of that movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually haven't seen the movie, but I thought her costume was brilliant! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love the raining cats and dogs one! When we were little my mom made a halloween costume for my brother, she otok a blue shirt & stretched out cotton balls on it to look like clouds & gave him a spray bottle with water in it, when people asked him what he was he said "cloudy with a chance of rain" and spritzed them haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so clever! My sister was a bird's nest one year. That was really fun, too.

      Delete
  3. These are such great ideas! I love the Morton Salt girl and the Book Fairy! People are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Morton Salt girl is my favorite. I couldn't believe I hadn't seen that one done a million times before.

      Delete
  4. I LOOOVE the Morton Salt Girl! That is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's my favorite from this roundup. The original creator is a genius!

      Delete
  5. Morton Salt, Frieda Kahlo, and Book Fairy have to be my favorites from your list. It's raining cats and dogs is also cool though. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those three are great! Some people are just so brilliant! :)

      Delete

Share your thoughts with me, I'd love to hear them! Comments always make my day. Thanks for stopping by!