Embracing the Seasons - Transitioning Wardrobes | The Homey Owl: Embracing the Seasons - Transitioning Wardrobes

Monday, September 23, 2013

Embracing the Seasons - Transitioning Wardrobes


Like I mentioned in my post on Friday, I love Fall but I hate the cold. I am looking forward to cooking more squash, curling up with hot chocolate or tea without sweating to death, and more excuses for blankets and warm sweaters. I'm not looking forward to saying goodbye to my sandals, however. (I think I'll always be a California girl at heart.) Wearing my favorite boots and going out of my way to crunch beautiful Fall leaves will definitely be happening, but so will running out to my car on the way to work without the proper jacket because "it's just a short drive to the office" and I don't want to admit that I'm freezing to death. 

Since I spent most of my life in California where we do more pretending to wear winter clothes than actually wearing winter clothes, I'm still learning how to transition my wardrobe, and I still have trouble accepting it as a normal part of life. Last year was the first year where I actually felt like I had an adequate number of sweaters in my closet (and that was after 5 winters here.) It will take me some time to dive in to all of those sweaters, though. I'll be wearing my summer wardrobe for as long as possible - it's the part of me that hates change that holds on super tight...and the stubborn part that doesn't like to feel restricted by all the layers. (Yes, I'm the girl who wears tights and boots with her shorts because she just can't bear to break out the jeans. Besides, it's cute.)

I will transition eventually, though. In the meantime, I'm enjoying our last few days (weeks?) of weather warm enough to walk around in without a sweater, and that's what these pictures capture. Both the joy for the parts of Fall that I do like, and the joy that I can still soak up some rays before next Spring. (Though you would never know from my skin tone.)









Dress: Thrifted, Belt: Cato, Sandals: Palms
xoxo,
Stacia, the Homey Owl

P.S. Stay tuned for Wednesday when I share how I did with my self-imposed photo a day challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me, I'd love to hear them! Comments always make my day. Thanks for stopping by!