DIY Hipster-esque Wooden Spoons | The Homey Owl: DIY Hipster-esque Wooden Spoons

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

DIY Hipster-esque Wooden Spoons


So the other night I was home alone and I just needed to do something creative. Usually I have creative thoughts floating around in my head, but sometimes these thoughts switch over to a need and I quickly find myself up to my elbows in the most convenient DIY project that has been on my list. These times can be wonderful, though sometimes they hinder other parts of my life from being as productive as they should.

Recently I had been noticing that our kitchen was lacking very many pops of color. Our counters are white along with the stove and a lot of our appliances are either black or white. I have a few color pops with the pot holders I've hung on the wall and my cookbook collection, but even our fridge is pretty boring. An easy remedy for this was adding some color to my wooden spoon "collection" (I call it that because I have so many.) I had seen people do this on different blogs, and I had also seen the idea on Anthropologie's website, but I decided it would be fun to add my own flair.

I sanded the tops of my wooden cooking utinsels before painting them, and I need to run to the store and buy a sealer. I was careful, however, to keep the paint above where any food should be touching and I used non-toxic paints. (It's still a good idea to make sure that your new cute paint job and your yummy meals never meet each other.)

I really like some of the designs I came up with, especially since I went into it just ready to play around and relax. I think they add some fun, playful color to our space while still blending in with the colors of my dishes.




How would you paint your wooden spoons?
Have a great rest of your week!

xoxo,
Stacia, the Homey Owl

P.S. I'm busting with excitement over something my friend shared with me yesterday! I can't wait to share it with you hopefully soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me, I'd love to hear them! Comments always make my day. Thanks for stopping by!