Inspiration - Apron Love! | The Homey Owl: Inspiration - Apron Love!

Monday, July 29, 2013

Inspiration - Apron Love!

One of my favorite places to find inspiration is actually my local library. I like to wander into the sections where I can find books featuring crafts, home decor, fashion, crocheting, etc. Usually I'll pick a few that look fun and bring them home to curl up in a comfy chair and page through finding inspiration in their colors, textures, combinations or styles. It's a great way to get away from Pinterest and other computer-associated inspiration activities.

Recently I brought home a book about the history of aprons. I skimmed through parts of the book, but mostly I read it for the pictures. There is something amazingly comforting and special about aprons. I love how colorful they can be, but also how they can truly express a person's personality. I have a small collection of vintage aprons that I love, but this book made me want to go and look for even more fun styles that I could potentially recreate. I did some (okay, a lot) of looking around online and was incredibly inspired by both the classic and the more modern take on aprons (who knew there were aprons out there for the gamer girl inside me?) Here are a few of my personal favorite finds. I hope they inspire you too!


1. Q is for Quilter Tablecloth Apron
2. Garage Sale Girly's Unique Picks Apron
3.Dark Balloons Toon Zelda Apron (Etsy)
4. Spice Rak Designs Juicy Lemon Apron (Etsy - Sold)
5. Ballyhoo Vintage Danish Dress Apron
6. Anthropologie Malorie Apron
7. Anthropologie Fiammetta Apron
8. Discontinued Anthropologie Trousseau Apron
9. Lover Dovers Clothing Alice Apron (Etsy)

Or, if you're looking for some great apron tutorials, you should go check out these two.




I hope you all found some great apron inspiration!
Hope your Monday is treating you well!
Stacia, The Homey Owl

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the SWEET feature. You have put together a fabulous round-up!
    Have a great week!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and creating such a beautiful tutorial to begin with!

      Delete

Share your thoughts with me, I'd love to hear them! Comments always make my day. Thanks for stopping by!